Apr 16, 2018

#Goodreads 19 Books Read in 2012 Reading Challenge


Goodreads 2012 challenge goal was to read 50 books. I managed to read 19 of the 50. 2012 is the year my chronic illness started to blossom and suck out all the fun of life. I have been struggling prior to 2012 but this was the year I was starting to slowly get treatment and...fighting with doctors.



I started reading this book in 2011 but finished it in 2012. This book is called Demon Girl by Penelope Fletcher when I read it. But it's changed its identity and life... it's now called Glamour. Name change or not I don't remember this book at all. It honestly tripped me out when I first clicked Amazon and to find that it didn't exist anymore. I was, DID I IMAGINE THIS? I mean, IT IS on Goodreads but doesn't exist?



Who Was Albert Einstein? by Jess M. Brallier. I read this for my penpal program called in2books.com. Enjoyable read.







Narrative of the Life of Federick Douglass by Frederick Dougless. I'm fairly certain that I read this for a class.









The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum.









One For the Money by Janet Evanovich. I think this is also a movie, too? I liked both of these. I never finished this series though. Believe I just read the first book.









Graceling by Kristin Cashore ...had the displeasure of being compared to The Hunger Games. Why? The main character's name is Katsa and her love interest is Po. Katniss/Peeta.

I enjoyed the concepts and what was attempted through this. I even gave it a higher rating than needed due to this. It's mostly hated because of the premarital sex and feminist ideas addressed in this story.

Which they should have been angry at the pacing and the wasted potential given to us in this story.


Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction by Lawrence Boadt. This was a textbook I had for my Old Testament class in college. The joys of being in a conservative state and having this class. Other students struggled with talking about the Bible in historical context and not religious.

But honestly...really good read if it's an interest to you.




The Empty Pot by Demi. A book I read through the penpal program in2books.com









Hungry Plants by Mary Batten. Another in2books.com book.







A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgress. It is a nightmare. But what I loved was how easy it was to adjust to the writing and know what was going on.








Caught in Crystal by Patricia C. Wrede loved that the story was about a mother with her children.








The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams. This book gave me nightmares as a kid and I hated it. I re-read it as an adult and loved it.







The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I enjoyed this story when I first read it and again as a manga.








Divergent by Veronica Roth. My aunt warned me about this book yet.. I still went and read the damn thing.









Toys Go Out:  by Emily Jenkins ... I don't remember this but I did keep track of my progress through it on Goodreads.







Ice by Linda Howards a romance set in a winter setting with drama.










Well of Darkness by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman. Slow pace but I enjoyed this.





Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield. This gets knocked for the purple prose BUT IT FEELS SO RIGHT IN THIS BOOK.








Different Seasons by Stephen King. This was the semester that I had to drop my classes. I got through a lot of the classes. This was one of the assigned readings for it. AH!







I survived.. you survived..we made it through the list of books I read in 2012. Have you read any of the above? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and polite. May disagree with review just not attack anyone for opinions. Thank you. Please keep remarks all age appropriate. Appreciate it.