Jan 17, 2018

15 Book Q&A

  • I found these questions here.
  • What is the first book you read by your self? I do not remember the first book that I read by myself. I was in kindergarten or first grade is all I know.

    I remember the first chapter book that I read and was sad that there was only a picture at the beginning of each chapter. But not the book title or author. Ha.
  • Did you parents read to you before bed? If so, what did they read you? I don't remember my parents ever reading me a bedtime story. I don't remember them reading out loud to me as a child to be honest. They could have and I just don't remember.
  • Name a movie that is better then the book. Doesn’t happen often. Actually!! I just had a post about this with Stephen King's book Carrie. Most movies that I enjoy more than the books are those that come from Stephen King. For some reason his worlds and characters are more interesting in moving picture than in words inside a book.
  • What was the worst movie adaptation of a book? The worse I've encountered so far was Vampire Academy's movie. It was created after the tsunami that was Twilight so they created it as an anti-vampire kind of thing. Like they were in on the joke about vampires being overused?? It was good on its own like if I knew there wasn't a book series attached to it ..enjoyable to watch.

    But since I read the Vampire Academy and enjoyed every moment of it ..  it was disappointing to see that they got that kind of movie. The books are a bit more serious than what was presented on the screen so ...sad.

    Again, as separate creatures they are both enjoyable in one way or another.
  • Outdoor or indoor reading? Indoor reading is what I mostly do because I can curl up on my bed and move around to get comfortable. If I am reading outside I'm usually limited on the comforts my house offers.
  • Book you’re most embarrassed to have never read? I am not embarrassed about anything I've yet to read. If it's a book I could eventually read when I have the time or interest to do...then I'll do it.
  • What is the most embarrassing book you have ever read? The most embarrassing book. I cannot remember the name of it but it was a romance novel. It had such silly descriptions and ways these two were coming together .. and just..omg.

    Not that romance novels are an embarrassment to read and enjoy it was just this particular romance novel was
  • What was the worst book you ever read or stopped reading?  There have been some dreadful attempts that I couldn't finish. Suffered through Anthem by Ayn Rand. I hear mix opinions about this author and what her writings were and whatever. But this was terrible and I survived.
  • Would you rather read digital or paper books? I love reading both. My preferred currently is reading ebooks because it's easier for me physically. I can change the background color, enlarge the font and hold one thing. Whereas a paper book the book can be bulky, hard to hold for long periods of time or the font isn't large enough.

    But I love having the options of reading ebooks or paper books. For me, ebooks are Spoonie friendly reading and it's why I've grown to love ereading.
  • What character in a book would you like to sucker punch in the face? I have... too many to list.
  • What character in a book would you like to be best friends with? I haven't read a book where I was, "I want to be their friend.". Is that weird? I don't think it is -- I am observing their life and adventures so for me I have that kind of disconnect and not interested in being a friend or whatever to a fictional character.
  • How many physical books do you own? I own a bookshelf of children books for when I get my first teaching job. Teachers often use their own money to build an in classroom library and that is what I have.

    I only have a few physical books that are mine and not intended for kids.
  • What book do you want to make sure you read to your children? If I have children I would want them introduced to Winnie the Pooh Bear books. Those were my favorite growing up -- and I know kids have a different interest and love for books but I want to say "Hey! I love this ..my favorite here it is for you."
  • What book describes you best? Anything to do with someone who is struggling but doing their best in life.
  • What are you reading right now? I am currently reading a lot of books. Daddy Darkest, Dragonward,   People of the SunTouch, How to Save an Undead Life  anddddd the ones that are listed on the column next to my blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and polite. May disagree with review just not attack anyone for opinions. Thank you. Please keep remarks all age appropriate. Appreciate it.