Jan 22, 2018

The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1) - Kelley Armstrong



Score: 4/5

I enjoyed this series.  I read these awhile back so my mind is a bit foggy. I re-read them in 2016 but I'm still not remembering much.

Good:

Story moves along fairly well and is kept interesting.

I loved that there was anti-victim blaming message in this story and to seek help. It wasn't heavy handed and it is written in a book aimed for young adults. So, I found that refreshing and new.

Bad:

The way this book ends, it just ends. It does not feel complete. I know it is a series of books but each one should at least feel satisfying in some way.

Recommend:


Yes. It's written well enough that adults can enjoy this, too. It's definitely geared toward young adults but everyone can get something from the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and polite. May disagree with review just not attack anyone for opinions. Thank you. Please keep remarks all age appropriate. Appreciate it.